Last week we did a freezer challenge and worked on using what we had on hand in the freezer rather than buying new. Although it worked out great, we are so sad to announce that the pig we had in our freezer is pretty much gone. All but a few hams, a few roasts, jaw bacon and a heart is left. I guess I will have to actually start buying pork again. Bummer! The good news is our garden is really taking off. We have already eaten a handful of zucchini and just harvested a few cucumbers so we will be saving some money on produce for the rest of the summer and hopefully beyond. We definitely need it since we eat so much from the produce department every week. Just by taking a look at our meal plan you can see how much we go through produce wise.
- Banana Pancakes
- Egg scrambles
- Green Smoothies and hard boiled eggs
- Sweet Potatoes, apples and ground beef
- “Cereal” (nuts and fruit with almond milk)
- Salad with leftover meat
- Fritatta with Spinach and mushroom
- Batch cook some Chicken Breasts
- Monday- Pork roast in the crock pot and steamed veggies
- Tuesday- Chicken Breast and legs on the grill with grilled zucchini
- Wednesday-Leftover pork roast sauted with sauerkraut, apples, and sweet potatoes
- Thursday-Tilapia topped with peach salsa
- Friday- Sweet chili lime salmon with steamed veggies (Its not really paleo, but I mentioned it to a friend and I can’t stop thinking about it)
- Saturday- Ham and grilled zucchini
- Sunday- Peach pork chops on the grill ( We have been having these a lot since we still have some of our pig in the freezer and peaches are on sale)I found the recipe on 5dollardinners.com years ago and have been using it ever since
I am pretty excited to be saving so much on produce this year as well as the fact that we are getting such good quality fresh produce on a daily basis, I guess living out in boonies isn’t all that bad after all.
I will be linking up orgjunkie.com where there are lots of other great meal planning ideas.